There is hope! I was just nominated for The Versatile Blogger award by Kevin at Nitty Gritty Dirt Man. How cool is that? I must wear my special movie star gardening hat today (yes, I do have a collection complete with a “movie star” gardening hat), and drink my water from a martini glass. This should turn the tables on my dear son should he catch a glimpse of the resident gardener … he just "thinks" he has a unique style of dress. ;-) I’ve pinched myself several times today thinking “Me? My Blog?” Needless to say, I’m going to have an extra, extra sparkling day today. Thank you Kevin. :-) To the left are the rules for nominees should they choose to adhere. I have proudly added the award plaque to Daylily Soup, thanked Kevin at Nitty Gritty Dirt Man, and will write seven random secrets about myself below. Also, I am fairly new to the blogosphere, so I don't quite have fifteen fellow bloggers to nominate yet. I'll nominate those I have so far.
Seven random secrets about me:
- I am terrified of snakes and will literally take flight if one surprises me. There have been many laughs on the part of others over this (some of my Lucille Ball moments).
- My favorite dog breed is the poodle. I’d love to have a standard poodle in the future when I have time in my life. I understand they are the 2nd smartest breed, and require a lot of attention to keep them out of mischief.
- I am a true Libra ... a lover of harmony, balance and tranquility.
- Favorite daylily so far (this changes often) is Spacecoast Jimbo Saddler http://www.kinnebrewdaylilygarden.com/spring2007/SCJimboSaddler.htm
- My favorite color is purple.
- My favorite drink is water.
- My favorite herb is sweet basil.
Nitty Gritty Dirt Man
Lee May's Gardening Life
Zoomin' Blooms - A Daylily Blog
Tidy Gardens by Jane
Blogging in Myrtle Glen
Roses and Other Gardening Joys
The Sage Butterfly
The Essential Herbal Blog
The Garden Diaries